Railworks sound packs - Coming soon!!

Show us your videos here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Railworks sound packs - coming soon!!

Postby 92212 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:39 am

chef666 wrote:Thats excellent Matt, I can't wait to use them (And record them of-course in some videos!), they have a distinct bark that is only from a Large Prairie, captured well by you :lol:

And Manors! The recording is a wonderfully clear one of Bradley Manor! Cheers Will. Matt(92212)
GCR Version 3 - OUT NOW!!

In Development
The Severn Valley Railway

Immerse Yourself in the Glorious Sounds of Steam!!
http://www.facebook.com/SteamSoundsSupreme
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Railworks sound packs - Coming soon!!

Postby 92212 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:16 pm

New thread in general discussion for Hall release!!

viewtopic.php?f=314&t=112298

Regards

Matt(92212)
Very Active Forum Member

Postby crumplezone on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Just commented in the other thread, but thanks once again for bringing this out for us.

On another note, the Praries, I watched a video lastnight on utube for the SVR which held a 175 year GWR special and had one of those locomotives on it, I have to commend you that you have the bark of the funnel sound spot on for that, I'll try and find the video later on and link it here if you feel you need abit more reference, but from what i heard its about right.

Anyhow, off to New year lunch, happy new year :drinking:
crumplezone
Very Active Forum Member

Postby 92212 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Next packs uploaded

This video is hosted by YouTube, a site which is outside of the editorial control of UKTrainSim and as such Parental Control is strongly advised.
To view the video, click on the PLAY button.
If you click anywhere else on this video, you will be taken to a YouTube page, where you may find yourself subjected to content that you feel is offensive.
If you feel THIS video is inappropriate, please report it to a moderator immediately for prompt action.

Click to view more informationMW_Bulleid SoundPack(For DT Bulleids) [13759586 bytes] - MW_Bulleid sounds.zip
File ID: 25639 Date: 06 Jan 2011 - 663 Downloads

Click to view more informationMW_Coach SoundPack [680024 bytes] - MW_Coach SoundPack.zip
File ID: 25638 Date: 06 Jan 2011 - 751 Downloads

Regards

Matt(92212)
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Will on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks alot for these Matt, grabbed my copies... :wink:
Will
Very Active Forum Member

Postby 92212 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:10 pm

This video is hosted by YouTube, a site which is outside of the editorial control of UKTrainSim and as such Parental Control is strongly advised.
If you click anywhere else on this video, you will be taken to a YouTube page, where you may find yourself subjected to content that you feel is offensive.
If you feel THIS video is inappropriate, please report it to a moderator immediately for prompt action.

:D :D

Matt(92212)
Very Active Forum Member

Postby BristolCastle on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Very good Matt, i always wanted a two tone whistle for GWR locos, i guess its still in WIP :wink:
Regards
Tom
BristolCastle
Well Established Forum Member

Postby prairie4566 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Now that's gonna be fun Matt :lol:

I thought the twotone from 6695 was nice. :wink:
Steve
TS2014 Route/Scenarios: KWVR. Assumed new occupation based on popularity on YouTube. Anyone wanna concur?
http://www.chasewaterrailway.co.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/user/prairie4566
prairie4566
Very Active Forum Member

Postby 92212 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:17 pm

New Black 5 sound set coming soon

:D :D
Very Active Forum Member

Postby msdejesus on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh dear, looking forward to grabbing those, thanks a lot, have a (virtual) pint of the finest beer on me ;P

: :drinking:

Regards

Manuel
msdejesus
Very Active Forum Member

Postby emrhd01 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Superb Matt, you mentioned these in your PM, but I hadn't realised you were so far advanced with them. Definately a 'thumbs up' from me. Can't wait to actually hear them in the 'Sim'. :wink:
Rob.
Better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all.
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Postby crumplezone on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:52 am

Excellent work on the Black 5s sound changes, very much more appealing than the original sounds, the one thing I always remembered about the Black 5s was the lovely clank sound they got as the coasted or were under heavy working and the fact you have managed to change that and get it pretty much spot on really brings a smile to my face.

The chuff sound certainly seems to fit the black 5 as it goes along and certainly seems to be in sync with the wheel rotations and the clank sounds so that certainly is a positive from what I can hear, a question in regards to higher speeds, 45mph+, I'm not sure if you have tried out the Fusilier pack or not but they have done a really nice high speed chuff sound, since I heard no indication and I can only assume the Black 5 in the video isn't running at full tilt, is there plans for a similar kind of high speed running chuff?

The other sounds showcased I can't seem to find any fault with or feel there off putting to the ear and the cyclinder beat seem to be alright to for the Black 5, certainly be looking forward to downloading this one.

Incidentally, all we need now is a proper wheelslip sound *cough* *hint*hint*
crumplezone
Very Active Forum Member

Postby 92212 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:46 am

Yes wheelslip! When i'm pulling away and i start opening up and hearing that lovely crisp bark......i'd love to get some wheelslip in there. But the experiments i've done so far sound a bit silly! Using Sly's technique, upon loosing traction, a chuff loop is played with the pitch going up quickly, therefore getting faster. Trouble is that it starts to sound a bit comical and the sound should be followe by the line - "I Should have been on that train!"................And it seems to be really hard to make the black 5 slip!
Very Active Forum Member

Postby crumplezone on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:21 am

I suppose its down to what you can code into railworks or what railworks is capable of. The thing I notice on wheelslip in Railworks, it isn't just a simple slip and then cut off like the real things do with the sudden and quick exshaust beat, we just get stuck in constant wheel spin to you hit the sander or draw back on the throttle.

If railworks allowed for the wheels to slip, do a few quick rotations then bite the track surface again then I suppose you could set it up so that it plays a sound file on a wheelslip trigger then return to normal exshaust beat immediately, e.g. chuff chuff chuff, wheelslip sound, exshaustbeatlowsoundvolume, chuff chuff.
crumplezone
Very Active Forum Member

Postby 92212 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:55 am

The big mistake made when rail simulator was put together was that they didn't tie loco chuffs to the wheels turning! If they had then as you slip the chuffs would speed up with the wheels! Oh well! Ho hum!
Very Active Forum Member

PreviousNext

Return to [RW] Videos