Train Simulator 2012 doesn't work for me

General discussion about RailWorks, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Train Simulator 2012 doesn't work for me

Postby craigals on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:07 pm

According to the can it run website, I need a brand new pc/laptop worth £2,000 because Trainsimulator 2012 refuses to work on my laptop, these are the error messages I get

craigals
Been on the forums for a while

Postby philspace on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Evening all

For what it's worth, I physically deleted the entire RW3 (railworks) folder in Steam/steamapps/common/ and replaced it with a backup of RW2 I made before the update.

It ran first time, in it's modest way, without any problems, which suggests they upgrade does not affect any registry settings.

It does mean, of course, that I can't go on-line with Steam, or else I get the new, improved version again, but at least I can play trains while this is sorted out.

Best wishes

Phil
Allergy Warning: This post may contain traces of humour
philspace

Postby icairns on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Great to know that I am not by myself in gettingb the "PostTrainLightGlow.fx" message with this imposed Railworks3 update, which, correct me if I am wrong, 'would work OK if Railworks2 worked OK'. Everything worked fine in Railworks2. Please! Please! somebody find a solution - or should I revert to MSTS?
icairns
Getting the hang of things now

Postby ChrisBarnes on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Oh, I didn't see this thread. :oops: Well, for the record, I had the exact same problems and messages. It is quite disappointing that even when the TSX engine is turned off it still seems to require Pixel Shader 3 technology. Nevertheless, now I know that there are other people having the same problems, I will send an email to support so that hopefully they can rectify it. I would urge everybody whom has the same problem to do the same, so that RSC can see that it isn't a problem isolated to just 1 or 2 people, then hopefully an update fixing the problem, if it's at all possible, will come sooner. Let's have faith.

Chris
Trans Pennine Route
NYMR Grosmont MPD cleaner
Just Trains 4mt Advanced, BR Clan Advanced
Particles, script, simulation for Steam Sounds Supreme Enhancements
ChrisBarnes
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Drogba11CFC on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, all the UK content...including the route templates...is lost. I tried to verify the cache...nothing. Unless there's a solution, it looks like it's back to Trainz. Or I may find a copy of MSTS somewhere.
Chelsea FC 2009/10 Premier League Champions and FA Cup winners
Currently reached: AP4
Drogba11CFC
Well Established Forum Member

Postby CaptScarlet on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Also make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date and it might not be a bad idea to also run the individual applications in the "install" folder inside the main Railworks folder. This is just to rule out those things being a issue.

John
CaptScarlet
Very Active Forum Member

Postby theokus on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 pm

I have a solution for the .net Framework: it was installing over and over again.

I deleted the .net Framework Extended.
And I deleted the .net Framework Client 4.

I did start the game and the client was installed again.
I closed the game and started it again.
The problem was gone....
Ubi bene, ibi patria.
theokus
Very Active Forum Member

Postby malkymackay on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I've done all of those things John & it's still a no-go for me. Emailed RSC support earlier in the hope that they become aware of this issue, though I can well imagine they will have a busy inbox ;)
Trying to recreate the 70s & 80s in Railworks.
malkymackay
Very Active Forum Member

Postby theokus on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:36 am

New problem.

My route doesn't show up.
I get only a big black screen.
But I can edit the route, not play with it > black screen.
theokus
Very Active Forum Member

Postby MisterWho on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:42 am

Kromaatikse wrote:2) People who have forced settings such as antialiasing in their driver control panels, or using RadeonPro or similar tools, may see considerably worse performance than those who are running similar hardware with default settings. This is undoubtedly because the TSX engine has a very different and much more sophisticated rendering pipeline (known as "deferred rendering") than RW2, which rendered in a very straightforward way. So one of the troubleshooting steps for performance problems is to reset the driver control panel to default settings, and get rid of RadeonPro et al.

Kromaatikse,
would setting up different profiles for RW2 and RW3 in RadeonPro achieve the same effect ?

Otherwise, I may well have to run RW2 and RW3 on different PCs instead of being able to run both on the same PC ...

Thanks in advance for any guidance,
moi
MisterWho
Established Forum Member

Postby robredz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Loaded up after the update, enabled the TSX enhancements, loaded one of the default RW routes and what do you know, BSOD with a memory alloc error,
my rig is running Win 7 64 bit with 8 gig RAM, and a GTX 460 at standard clocks so I am wondering if there are issues under 64 bit OS.

Tried it again, and all went well, all high at 1920 x 1080, on one screen of a dual setup, average 50 fps. will try OC the graphics to see what it will give.
robredz
Getting the hang of things now

Postby Wikkus on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:27 pm

robredz wrote: I am wondering if there are issues under 64 bit OS.

Why would one BSoD give you that idea? For the record, I am running under 64-bit XP with no issues of that ilk.

Rgds.
Wikkus
Very Active Forum Member

Postby wolly1380 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I am running win 7 64bit with no problem it maybe your memory/board as i run 7th simply because my board don't like all sinks occupied.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Nvidia Geforce settings for Rail Works
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=314&t=103809
TPR Detailng Memeber The First Comunity Built Network!

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/w ... shropshire
wolly1380
Very Active Forum Member

Postby spikeyorks on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:52 am

Could someone please explain in laymans terms what I should check re my ATI card. I have a Radeon HD5700 and don't believe that I have altered anything. I can run RW2012 however with TSX enabled I get a blue tint over everything and flickering shadows, however with TSX off then everything looks too bright and too saturated. Since I was only using RW2 to build a route then it is mighty disappointing to see all the hard work put in to create a landscape apparently lost. Any comments would be very helpful.

Thanks
David

----------------
48 and proud.
spikeyorks
Very Active Forum Member

Postby rocky291 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:03 am

That will be great. My 3 year old computer is not really up to the job of running ts2012, only getting about 10 fps with the highest quality settings, so I've got a bit of upgrading to do.
I look forward to your recommendation FAQ. While I'm at it, I guess it would be a good idea to upgrade from Windows XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit, correct?

Kevin

Kromaatikse wrote:I'm going to work on a hardware recommendation FAQ fairly soon, which should help people like you specifically.
rocky291

PreviousNext

Return to [RW] General RW Discussion